Clinical negligence insurance costs, have over the past decade, steadily risen as the industry has been hit with the higher frequency and severity of third party claims.
This has been fuelled by the growth and popularity of litigation entities many of whom work on a contingency fee basis. As a result, the mutuals have been forced to pass these costs on to all their members, irrespective of their individual track records.
Our policy does not just rely on a completed proposal form but uniquely has a built in “Risk Managed Acceptance” approach. On joining, we request from each applicant one or two working examples of patient notes, starting from consultation to patient discharge. These are then assessed by our risk managers. This group comprise currently certified, GMC registered, surgeons and GP’s who, from these notes, can assess the areas of exposure. We then address these issues to ensure our client’s future practice methods become more robust from the threat of any possible future litigation.
The claims management team is run by the former head of a Medical Defence Organisation claims department. This expert takes a stance on early intervention, thereby bringing claims to an early conclusion reducing costs and protecting reputations.
- Competitively priced with Lloyd’s security.
- Our Product has a €10,000,000 Limit of Indemnity, including costs and expenses, based on a ‘Claims Made’ policy wording and a legally enforceable contract of indemnity which is not discretionary.
- We include a mandatory Legal Expenses Insurance for €250,000/€500,000 in respect of GMC Hearings or disciplinary actions.
- Up to 10 years “Run Off” cover subject to qualification.
- We do not insure high exposure areas such as Spinal, Neuro, Obstetrics or Paediatrics. We concentrate on standard procedures undertaken within Private Clinics.