H.W. Kaufman Group Europe B.V is committed to protecting your personal data and complying with data protection laws.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of our users throughout their visit.
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
- We will not automatically collect any personal data about you, either through this website, or by any other automated means:
- If, for any business purpose, it becomes necessary to collect personal information about you, this business purpose, the categories of personal information, and the ways in which it will be collected, used and stored (including our policy on data destruction when our possession of the data is no longer necessary) will be communicated to you;
We will use personal information about you mainly to:
- Provide you with a quotation from Insurers;
- Arrange and administer your policy if you buy one through us;
- Arrange Premium Finance/Consumer credit if required;
- Inform you about our products and services;
- Statistical analysis.
Some of the personal information we ask you to provide may be sensitive (special category) as defined in the legislation, e.g. you may have to give us information about your medical history, criminal convictions and driving offences. We are allowed under the legislation to collect such information for specified “insurance purposes” without your specific consent but it will only be used for the purposes set out above. If you give us information about another person, in doing so you confirm that they have given you permission to provide it to us and that we may use their personal data in the same way as your own as set out in this notice.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
- We will collect and use our personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain your consent or as required by law;
We are required to have a lawful basis (as defined in the legislation) in order to process your personal data and the relevant bases which we use are show in the table below.
|Purpose of processing.||Lawful basis.|
|Providing quotations; arranging and administering insurance policies.||Necessary for the performance of an insurance contract.|
|Arranging Premium Finance/ Consumer Credit.||Necessary for the performance of a consumer credit contract.|
|Provision of information on products and services (Marketing).||Our legitimate interests or your explicit consent.|
|To notify you of changes in our service.||Our Legal and Regulatory obligations.|
|To prevent and detect fraud, money laundering and other financial crimes.||To meet general legal or regulatory obligations.|
|Our Legal and Regulatory obligations.||Our Legal and Regulatory obligations.|
|Statistical analysis.||Our legitimate interests – to refine and enhance the products and pricing which we can offer.|
In doing so we will ensure:
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned;
- The personal information we collect should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date. We will use our best endeavours to ensure that we meet these standards of accuracy, and will update, edit, or delete as quickly as possible any information that you consider to be wrong;
Sharing and safeguarding your personal data:
Your personal data will only be accessed by our employees or authorised third parties who require the information for their business purposes. In some instances, we may share your personal data with our associated companies, insurers or service providers in countries outside of the EU, UK or European Economic Area (“EEA”) where data protection laws may not offer the same level of protection as within the EU, UK and EEA. In any circumstance where it is necessary to share your personal data with a third party, there are strict contractual agreements in place to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data and our group companies, authorised third parties and governmental, legal and regulatory authorities.
When we share your personal data:
We will protect your personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, and;
We will make all the information we hold about you readily available as well as information about our company’s policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Retention of your personal data:
Our policy complies with the Data Protection Regulation. The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations with regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We ensure individuals can exercise their rights in the following ways:
- The right to be informed;
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object to processing;
- The right to withdraw consent;
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling;
There are some circumstances where we may be required to restrict your rights in order to safeguard the public or our own interests.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions with, and usage of the website. This allows us, through the Google Analytics server to provide our users with a tailored experience within this website.
The cookies our website places on your computer are only used to monitor the performance of our website. The cookies collect various types of information in an anonymous form, including the number of visits to our site, where visitors have come from to the site and the pages they visited.
We use tracking software to anonymously monitor our visitors to better understand how they use our website. This software which will save a cookie to your computer in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but this cookie will not collect, use or store any information about you which is designated ‘personal information’ under Data Protection Regulations
Links to other sites
On this website you may be offered links to other sites which we hope will be of interest. However, please be aware that we have no control where such sites are operated by a third party and we do not endorse them. You agree that we are not responsible for the availability or content of, or products and services available on those websites.
Engage with the Company through Social Media
You can engage with us through LinkedIn social media website. When you engage with us through social media sites, you may allow us to have access to certain information from your social media account (e.g., name, e-mail address, photo, gender, birthday, city, the posts or the ‘likes’ you make).
Changes in this Cookie & Privacy Statement
Contact: Ben Williams
Phone: +44 (0) 207 481 1683
Address: One Minster Court, Mincing lane, London, EC3R 7AA